Monday, July 4, 2016

Strength Through Conviction

As you get older fighting back against a bully gets easier. You find your footing. Your strength, your courage, is hardened over years of torture from getting picked on by the bigger kids. But what happens when you bully yourself?

This time last year I watched the fireworks from hospital windows. I missed my daughter march in her first parade. The last few days I see history start to repeat itself. Bed ridden. Seizures. Loss of appetite. Throughout it all I never once lose my spirit.

I hold fast to my love of my family, of my dreams, and of the power behind the words that flow from my fingertips to the keyboard. Though I am weary I have enough strength to remind you to stay the course. Follow your path. Take your next step. Mine may be accompanied with a cane again, but that does not hinder its motives.

Stay true to you. I promise to do the same on my end.


Remember: If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t, you won’t.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your tenacity...wish I had more...I can fight sporadically depending on wellness but then illness takes over and the work stops. Good 4 you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Newt. By not giving up you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Be gentle with yourself. Huge kudos to you. *hug*

      Delete

Thank you for your time and opinion. Please sign up for my email list by writing to colleentews42@gmail.com with "Add Me in the Subject Line to stay informed. As an added bonus, leading up to the release of Virus Within you will receive a free story every month revolving around the characters in the Shadow Faith Universe.
Thank you, again. Hope you have an amazing day.