Thursday, September 1, 2016

Take Pride In The Little Things

The fastest way to feel like a success is in the little things. Fulfilling everyday life regularities will help you on your path. Sound weird? That is okay. We take for granted the same things like laundry, vacuuming, and washing dishes, usually because we dislike doing them. By rejoicing in small accomplishments we gather strength for those big bumps in the road on our way to bigger successes.

You might be thinking, “But, Colleen, I hate doing chores. They bring me down. Why do I always have to be the one to do them? It’s a stupid vicious cycle. NOTHING STAYS CLEAN!”

Guess what I hate doing them, too. Then I look at my pretty house and think this is my home. This is where I am proud to allow my kids to bring friends over to after school.

I’m no fool. After raising four daughters (two still live at home), enjoying the pleasure of a rascal of a dog not yet a year old, two cats, and a wonderful husband, I know that the house will not stay clean for long. That laundry will pile up in a blink of an eye, as will the dishes, and the garbage cans will fill until the dog will steal pieces away into my bedroom. The point of pride comes in knowing that these small hurdles are bearable.

If I gave let the mess get to me to the point where I hide from the world. To the point where I stop showering, stop washing clothes, stop caring for my loved ones, then how can I possibly tend to my dreams. It will wither on the vine.

Take pride in yourself. The people who love you already do. Why not you?

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggest below. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.


~Colleen Tews 

1 comment:

Thank you for your time and opinion. Please sign up for my email list by writing to colleentews42@gmail.com with "Add Me in the Subject Line to stay informed. As an added bonus, leading up to the release of Virus Within you will receive a free story every month revolving around the characters in the Shadow Faith Universe.
Thank you, again. Hope you have an amazing day.