Monday, October 10, 2016

When To Put On Your Grown-Up Shoes?

Do we decide when is the right time to step into our grown-up shoes? You would think as a wife, mother, and (young) grandmother, I would already consider myself a “grown-up”, but I don’t. An adult, yes, sometimes, when I have to, but I never really considered myself that way.

As an angst-riddled teen I scribbled on my homework. I filled up more notebooks than I could count. In my late teens/ early 20’s I used to journal, still do. Birth of a Vixen’s first draft took about a year to complete. I was 27 years old when I knuckled down.

I have learned so much since then. SO MUCH. That is what I spent most of my time doing. Learning. Researching. Discovering as much about the publishing industry. That is the cool thing about the writing community. The moment you announce you are a writer you aren’t an outsider. The world opens up.

Even as I kept editing, kept tweaking, I spent seven years very slowly growing my brand because I was unsure about when I would put Birth of a Vixen out. I traveled to conferences and conventions. I became a sponge.

Now I wouldn’t pat myself on the back and say I’m any more a grown-up than I was when I started. As I type this I am also watching Marvel’s Jessica Jones, cuddling with River, and dunking chocolate chip cookies in milk. Then again being in touch with my inner child may be just what the doctor ordered.

Which leads me to my announcement. I am an author. I am an entrepreneur. To truly combine the two I have opened a boutique-publishing house: 



The biggest difference about DHP is what we plan to give back to the writing community. You may have noticed a new author name at the top of the page, Kirstin Rowan. She will be posting book reviews for authors outside of the company here. If you would like to have your book reviewed by Mrs. Rowan email delphianhopepub@gmail.com with Book Review in the subject line. She will post reviews on Thursdays.

We are not taking author submissions until January after we square away the final details. When we become open to submissions those details will be posted here and on our Facebook page.

In the future we plan on growing bigger, expanding the fandom to levels that would make everyone’s inner child squee.

We are really pumped about this idea and hope you are, too. Please let us know what you think. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We’d love to answer anything to the best of out ability.

None of this would be possible with you. THANK YOU!

~Colleen Tews

1 comment:

Thank you for your time and opinion. Please sign up for my email list by writing to colleentews42@gmail.com with "Add Me in the Subject Line to stay informed. As an added bonus, leading up to the release of Virus Within you will receive a free story every month revolving around the characters in the Shadow Faith Universe.
Thank you, again. Hope you have an amazing day.